Total Pageviews

Monday 30 May 2011

Catch-up Round-up

This blog has been sadly neglected the last couple of weeks, since once again, I've had my usual effect on technology.. meaning my home PC is currently the worlds largest paperweight.
Anyone in the vicinity of my home town a couple of weeks ago probably heard the wailing, screaming, and gnashing of teeth.

Thankfully, my little net book is now co-operating, although Word is not, and is currently sulking like a grounded teenager, resulting in my having downloaded OpenOffice instead. It's a nifty little programme, and free for people like me who are generally too broke to pay attention. They have a donations button on the site, which is cool, since I feel wrong about using something that is saving my sanity (and writing) and not paying anything for it.

This means I can now get the blog post I've promised Thea Atkinson over at GonzoInk done - she's graciously agreed to push the date back. In the meantime, head on over to her blog say hi - & if you get the chance, I seriously recommend Formed of Clay.
Once again, one of those stories I wish I'd written.

On writing news - Basement Blues is done. I'm putting it together with 2 other short stories, and if I can get the cover art sorted, should be on Amazon as an e-book for the 1st of June. I'm dropping WolfSong back to 0.99 for the month as well, as a 6 month celebration promotion thingy.
 Hopefully, this translates into sales; I have a broken tooth (don't ask) and my dentist appears to want a condo in France, judging by the price to fix it.

In more writing news, Naomi Clarke posted a review of WolfSong on both Amazon & GoodReads . I had an absolute fan girl moment; because a writer I truly admire read my book, liked it - and cared enough to point out the flaws in a really constructive way.

I've had other reviews that pointed out pretty much the same issues. I think - and hope - they've made me a better writer, because I can't disagree with any of them. In the six months since WolfSong got published, I've learnt more than in all the years up until now, and that can only be a good thing.









No comments:

Post a Comment