Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 August 2011

Warm fuzzies from Operation E-book drop

I got the nicest e-mail yesterday from one of the troops who downloaded WolfSong. Just a couple of quick lines saying thanks - but it really made my day.

Someone living and working in pretty difficult conditions took the time and energy to send me this. I can't say how much it means, especially after one bitch-kitty of a week on several levels.

I've had a couple of these now, and every single letter, although brief, has been courteous, friendly, and very welcome indeed.

Operation e-book Drop provides electronic copies of books free to serving troops and their families. It's a very worthy cause, so if you write and publish electronically,  think about giving it a go.

***************************************************
J H Sked is the author of WolfSong & Basement Blues.
You can find WolfSong on Amazon, Sony  e-bookstore, Nook and Smashwords. Basement Blues is on Amazon and Smashwords

3 comments:

  1. JH,
    I know that unexpected thank you notes are, in fact, the voice of the Absolute letting you know that you are moving along the right path.
    Yep, that's what they are and obviously that's what you're doing.
    Yours to count on,
    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bert - Thanks for stopping by, and the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi J! I commend you for participating in Operation e-book drop! Just one more way you have proved my statement that you are amazing!
    Wow! Bert, I absolutely love your comment to J's blog! it was right on target!
    Have a great weekend guys!
    Always your friend!
    Teresa aka @geminicad9098

    ReplyDelete