Total Pageviews

Friday 5 April 2013

Allegories of the Tarot - New Project on Indiegogo

Last week I got an invite to submit to an anthology by the editor, the amazing Annetta Ribken. (If you write, and you need an editor, go have a look at that link. If you don't, check it out anyway; the lady is all kinds of awesome, and the excerpt of Athena's Promise, Annetta's book, is worth the visit alone.) Now Annetta and I have tortured each other on Facebook for several months; we share a similar warped sense of humour, and it's been a blast, so when the invite came through I said YAY as fast as my fingers could type. 
Then I did a happy dance, and then I checked out the other authors contributing and made a very loud squeaky noise. This bunch are good, folks. As in pure talent and awesomeness - it's going to be one hell of a ride.

The concept really appeals on every level - each author has a card from the major arcana of the tarot assigned to them, and we each write a story associated with this. It looks like we have just about every genre in the mix, from romance to fantasy to horror, and the main requirements are a quality read. Even better, the plan is for both a print version and an e-book, so nobody gets left out. 

Here's the line-up for you:

The Fool-- Peter Giglio
The Magician--Lon Prater
The High Priestess--Billie Sue Mosiman
The Empress--Spike Marlowe
The Emperor--Kris Austen Radcliffe
The Hierophant--Jessica McHugh
The Lovers--Eden Baylee
The Chariot--Annetta Ribken
Strength--Rochelle Maya Callen
The Hermit--Red Tash
The Wheel of Fortune--Joseph Paul Haines
Justice--Catie Rhodes
The Hanged Man--Matthew Bryan
Death--Timothy Smith
Temperance--Anne Chaconas
The Devil--Patti Larsen
The Tower--Jordan L. Hawk
The Star--Samantha Henderson
The Moon--Janet Sked (ME!)
The Sun--Tristan J. Tarwater
Judgment--Jennifer Wingard
The World--Laura Eno

Annetta has gone all out and put the project up on Indiegogo to raise funds for the production of the book, with awesome contributors perks, including an edit package from Annetta for your manuscript. As of writing this, we're up to $890 already - a massive thanks to everyone who's contributed, or just passed on the word. We're all getting clobbered by the economy - every time I check my bank balance, it giggles weakly and flips me the bird - but spreading the word will help us so much.

As a side-effect of the invite, I've got a novella set in the WolfSong world almost ready for publishing (it was intended for the anthology, but that world writes long. Between Amber and Jadah, I should have known better than to hope for a 3K short.) and just going through the final touches and edits. 
I'm also working on a short (please, please, let this be a short) that I think will fit in nicely to the anthology. It's completely out of my comfort zone, which is a good thing; last time somebody did this to me I ended up trying the comedy style that ended up as the Blue Moon Detectives, so it can only be good.










1 comment: