Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 January 2011

Have Passport, will travel!

Got my passport despite all my fears. Although I really wish they didn't want you to look like you're on the verge of homicide in your picture..
Plan on hitting Australia in April - always wanted to visit & have family and a load of friends out there, so it should be a good trip.
I applied for an e-visa - time taken to receive said visa - approximately 1 minute 30 seconds. That includes completing the form and getting the confirmation text. That's pretty impressive by any standards.

It looks like Air Brunei have the best deals, so that will be next stop once pay day gets here - right now I'm so broke I can't pay attention.

Books I've read this week:

Geist - Philippa Ballantine - definite 5 star book; will be hunting more from her.
The Hanging Shed - Gordon Ferris - based on the first 5 chapters I ended up buying everything I could find from him on kindle. Seriously impressive, and the book just got better.
Travellers Rest - short by James Enge - brilliant, but his books are priced out of my league. If they ever come down in price, I'll be getting them.

Book I'm reading now:

Elfhunter - C S Marks - enjoying this, although it's a slow start. The writing style sends me right back to childhood and the old style Brothers Grimm fairy tales; also reminds me of the stories retold by Credo Mutwa in Songs of the Stars. It's like climbing into a warm blanket on a chilly night - comforting and entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    You posted on my blog on Amazon about your book. I am very interested in reading and getting you a review. I am also working through Elfhunter at the moment and agree with your assessment of it so far. I highly recommend Jaben's Rift by G David Walker. It was a great fantasy read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation - I've downloaded the sample - the list is getting bigger & bigger!

    ReplyDelete