Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 February 2011

Books this week

I'm not going to post the books I'm busy with for university (there's a limit), but even though my reading is going to slow down drastically, I've found some real gems this week.


Books I've read this week:


Joe Hill - 21st Century Ghosts - Wow. 5 Stars. I'd already read Horns and Heart-Shaped Box, and I love short stories, so I was looking forward to this. I'd put Joe Hill up there with Neill Gaiman and Stephen King; stuff that just keeps me coming back for more. 


Mike McIntyre - The Scavengers Daughter. I think this might be the first book from this author, & I'll be keeping an eye out for more. It's patchy in places but strangely addictive. I think this writer will be one to watch in the future.


James Roy Daley - 13 Drops of Blood. Another book of shorts. These ranged from what I always think of as "Creature Features" to the hysterically funny (crude, but funny). I showed LSH the last story & she bought the book based on that, so I'm not the only one. I won't give anything away but will state it's the most novel and disgusting way of dealing with vampires that I've ever read. Wouldn't read this particular story on a full stomach though.


Jon F. Merz - The Fixer- A fun read about a ninja trained vampire. The main character is an absolute riot.


Books I'm reading:


Still on Elfhunter by C.S. Marks, mainly because I don't want it to end. It's  my comfort read for Bad Days.
Just started AD33 by David McAfee - I loved the idea of  vampires vs. Jesus of Nazareth, this looks really promising. 








No comments:

Post a Comment